Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Write like no one will read it!

My journey with writing is definitely a learning process that I hope to be able to share as I grow as a published writer. I find myself stopping my creative flow at times too concerned about what other people would think and it came to me that maybe what I write is not for the ones that will complain about how I write and what I write. I feel a need to tell stories that will heal the soul, reveal the past and restore the future. So as one great country singer  comes from country singer Kathy Mattea's 1989 song, "Come From The Heart."  The other lines go: "Sing like you don't need the money... Love like you'll never get hurt." These word stuck to my heart as a writer because I understand the passion that I have for writing and so I know that I need to be an open book when I write to the world and hold nothing back for the sake of purpose; for the sake of love. So, today I commit to to writing like no one will ever read it and when they do I promise to remember that I will not please everyone and by no way should I feel bad about what I write because it is apart of my world and those around me. With this said, I move forward.

2 comments:

  1. I think this might be the best advice any writer can give to another writer. "Dance like no one is watching" is a phrase I have heard a thousand times...but the idea of writing like no one will read it is inspiring. I especially liked your statement "I promise to remember that I will not please everyone and by no way should I feel bad about what I write." Truer words have never been spoken. You GO Chennette, and I can't wait to see the AMAZING draft you post next week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tricia:-) Your words are fuel for me. I can't wait to read your script as well! Remember to write like no one will ever read it!

    ReplyDelete